PRIMARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION
Applying for DENISE is possible for all students from age 4 to 18. Children younger than 4 years old are placed by the urban admission policy (see below).
If you would like to request a registration for your son/daughter of 4 years or older, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please let us know the motivation to switch schools, current class/group and current level of education / type of education.
INFORMATION MEETINGS PRIMARY SCHOOL YEAR 2020-2021:
- April 8, 2021 - 9.30 - join the online meet via this link
- May 20, 2021 - 9.30 - join the online meet via this link
- May 27, 2021 - 9.30 - join the online meet via this link
INFORMATION MEETINGS SECONDARY EDUCATION 2020-2021:
- No information meetings scheduled
INFORMATION MEETINGS INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS SECONDARY EDUCATION:
- April 22, 2021 - 16.00 - join the online meet via this link
- May 27, 2021 - 15.00 - join the online meet via this link
- June 24, 2021 - 15.00 - join the online meet via this link
Students of 12 years and older who do not speak Dutch (newcomers) will be placed in our startgroup (group 0), they will have there language, maths and learning level tested.
Group 0 is a cooperation between Mundus College and classes take place at Mundus College.
PRIMARY EDUCATION GROUP 1
Applying for DENISE for students who are younger than 4 years old will go through the urban admission policy of Amsterdam.
When a child is four years old, he or she can go to a primary school. For a couple of years all primary schools in Amsterdam have switched to a city wide equal admission policy. This means that applying for a primary school and the allocating of the places follow the same rules on all the participating schools. Around the third birthday of your child you will receive an explanatory brochure and an application form from the municipality of Amsterdam.
If you did not receive, or do not have a form for any reason you can apply your child by using this generic application form and submitting it at the primary school which is at the top of your list.
Please send the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit dates for the application form
The latest date for submitting the application forms are:
- children born between September 1 en December 31, 2017: March 4, 2021
- children born between January 1 en April 30, 2018: June 3, 2021
- children born between May 1 en August 31, 2018: November 4, 2021
Joining the latest submission dates in March, June and November the allocating of children will be done automatically under the supervision of the school boards. Every child will have an equal chance, when under the same circumstances, for placement. The goal is to give each child a place at the school of their highest preference. When there are enough places at a school, all children will be placed at the school they applied to. When DENISE has more application then they have place for a lottery is necessary. Your child will be participating in the subsequent lotteries of the schools you choose in accordance to preference. First the children with priority will be placed. After that the other applications will participate in the lottery. When your child does not get a place after the lottery the next school of preference will be appointed. For allocating places the following priority rules are in place:
- On the moment the child who applied is 4 years old, they have a brother or sister on the school the prefer.
- Children who come from outside the zip code district of DENISE have priority over children within the zipcode district of DENISE if those children placed DENISE on preference place 2 or lower.
For questions about the admission policy you can go to the helpdesk of the BBO(Joint board of schools) call nr. 020-7163801 or email email@example.com